from 16 magazine, December 1966
- Where were you born?
- Manchester, England on 8 March, 1944.
- What does your family consist of?
- My mum and dad—Graeme and Dorothy— plus an older brother (Michael—
he's our assistant manager!) and a younger sister (Sandy— she plays bass
in this really fab group called the Honeybears!)
- Where do you live?
- In a flat with Meg in London.
- If you suddenly came into a million dollar inheritance, what would you
do with it?
- Invest it (after buying an Aston Martin)!
- What type of boys are you most attracted to?
- Cute ones— well-dressed, long-haired types.
- Ideally, where would you like to live?
- Buckingham Palace. Seriously, though, I'm happy where I am.
- What was the most difficult problem you ever have had to solve?
- Who was going to replace Rory Kent on guitar.
- Do you have a pet fear?
- The fear of failure affects me more than anything else.
- Have you any pets?
- No, sorry, our landlord doesn't allow it.
- What advice do you give young people who wish to become musicians?
- Practice! Every day, every night. And hope you play in the right place at
the right time.
- What do you think of music as a career?
- I love it!
- Who are your best friends?
- Meg Blessing, definitely. We do almost everything together.
- What are your most prized material possessions?
- I don't think I have any.
- What kind of gifts do you like to receive?
- Something the giver has put a lot of thought into.
- Are you ever moody?
- I try not to be, but I frequently end up so when things aren't going the
way I want them to.
- Who are your favorite musicians?
- Lesley Gore, Donovan, Dave Clark 5, Herman's Hermits— not necessarily in
- What kind of people do you dislike?
- People full of themselves.
- What should a boy do to attract you?
- Be nice and treat me like a human being instead of a big star.
- What sports do you enjoy watching?
- Cricket. It's a good way to kill an afternoon or five.
- What sports do you personally do?
- I don't have the time to participate.
- What sports do you dislike?
- Rugby— much too much realistic violence for my tastes.
- What are your hobbies?
- I spend a lot of time drawing and painting. In fact, I've filled nearly
two sketchbooks on this tour alone with my impressions of where we've been
and who we've met.
- What are your favorite foods?
- Steak, well-done, with a fresh garden salad and crisps.
- What is your secret ambition?
- To be bigger than the Beatles.
- What is your pet extravagance?
- New art supplies, anything related to spy films, shows, or books.
- Do you have any big regrets?
- Not yet.
- What clothes do you like a boy to wear?
- Well-tailored— suits with narrow lapels and ties.
- What are your favorite colors? Clothes?
- Blue and white; comfortable.
- Do you have a nickname?
- What is the best address to write you?
- c/o Capitol Records, 333 Vine Street, Los Angeles, California.