from 16 magazine, December 1966
- Where were you born?
- London, England on 5 November, 1944.
- What does your family consist of?
- My parents. I'm an only child.
- Where do you live?
- In a flat near the West End with Jamie.
- If you suddenly came into a million dollar inheritance, what would you
do with it?
- Spend a year in a French villa and save the rest.
- What type of boys are you most attracted to?
- Ones who are like me— quiet, studious, etc.
- Ideally, where would you like to live?
- San Francisco— so many folkie things happen there.
- What was the most difficult problem you ever have had to solve?
- I really haven't had any.
- Do you have a pet fear?
- Have you any pets?
- No. Not allowed in the building. I would like a couple of cats,
- What advice do you give young people who wish to become musicians?
- Want to be a musician more than anything else, and you'll get your chance.
- What do you think of music as a career?
- It's perfect for me, at least.
- Who are your best friends?
- Jamie and Mike Ludlow.
- What are your most prized material possessions?
- I don't put much value on material goods.
- What kind of gifts do you like to receive?
- Knick knacks and pretty things.
- Are you ever moody?
- No, not really— and if I am, I try not to show it.
- Who are your favorite musicians?
- Bob Dylan, Simon and Garfunkel, Joan Baez, Peter Paul and Mary, the
Searchers, and, of course, the Beatles.
- What kind of people do you dislike?
- Phony people, or people who want to know me for who I know rather than for
- What should a boy do to attract you?
- Be persistent and full of surprises.
- What sports do you enjoy watching?
- I don't see the point in athletic competition.
- What sports do you personally do?
- See above.
- What sports do you dislike?
- See above.
- What are your hobbies?
- Musical comedy.
- What are your favorite foods?
- Tandoori chicken, or anything else Indian.
- What is your secret ambition?
- To be bigger than Bob Dylan.
- What is your pet extravagance?
- Folk records.
- Do you have any big regrets?
- Not talking to my fiance, Mike Ludlow, for four months. We fought over
something silly, and I was too stubborn to work it all out with him.
- What clothes do you like a boy to wear?
- Natural fibers.
- What are your favorite colors? Clothes?
- I like dark green, beige, and brown, and I try to stay in fashion.
- Do you have a nickname?
- Megan, Maggie (which I hate)
- What is the best address to write you?
- c/o Capitol Records, 333 Vine Street, Los Angeles, California.