from 16 magazine, July 1966
- Where were you born?
- Ealing, London on 24 February 1944
- What does your family consist of?
- My parents Derek & Susannah, my sister Annie and
many aunts, uncles and cousins.
- Where do you live?
- A flat in Kensington (London).
- If you suddenly came into a million dollar inheritance, what would you
do with it?
- Shop, shop, shop! A girl can never have too many clothes.
- What type of boys are you most attracted to?
- The smart, funny, independent, creative type.
- Ideally, where would you like to live?
- London or New York. I need civilisation 24 hours a day
- What was the most difficult problem you ever have had to solve?
- Becoming a solo artist without much preparation.
- Do you have a pet fear?
- I'm not afraid of anything.
- Have you any pets?
- Eloise, a cocker spaniel who lives my parents right now. I'd like to get a
dog of my own soon but I'm never home.
- What advice do you give young people who wish to become musicians?
- It takes a lot of patience and courage but stick with it and you'll
eventually get there.
- What do you think of music as a career?
- It's all I've ever wanted to do.
- Who are your best friends?
- Other than myself? Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Sybill McDowell, my sister
- What are your most prized material possessions?
- My black Telecaster guitar and my car, a black type E Jaguar.
- What kind of gifts do you like to receive?
- Unique things - it doesn't have to be expensive. Just different.
- Are you ever moody?
- Moody is my trademark, isn't it?
- Who are your favorite musicians?
- The Rolling Stones, The Who, the Kinks, Aretha Franklin, Billie Holliday,
old blues musicians.
- What kind of people do you dislike?
- Hypocrites, phonies, liars, people who try too hard to get me to like
- What should a boy do to attract you?
- Play it cool, not be clingy and keep me entertained.
- What sports do you enjoy watching?
- Football (soccer to you Americans), horse racing.
- What sports do you personally do?
- Indoor calisthenics
- What sports do you dislike?
- American baseball. What is the point of running around a field like that?
- What are your hobbies?
- Sleeping, shopping, listening to music, making music, driving long
distances, pub crawling.
- What are your favorite foods?
- Vindaloos, vodka, scotch, anything Chinese or Italian
- What is your secret ambition?
- I'd like to be President of the United States.
- What is your pet extravagance?
- Clothing and boots.
- Do you have any big regrets?
- I regret nothing.
- What clothes do you like a boy to wear?
- What are your favorite colors? Clothes?
- Black, red, purple. Anything dark and tight, especially in leather or
- Do you have a nickname?
- Rory or Rora although my favourite uncle calls me "Aurora
- What is the best address to write you?
- c/o London Records, 810 7th Ave., New York, NY 10019