from 16 magazine, January 1967
- Where were you born?
- In a hospital. Manchester, England, 30 December 1945, actually.
- What does your family consist of?
- Mum: Dorothy. Dad: Graeme. Brother: Michael. Sister: Jamie.
- Where do you live?
- In London, around the corner from our manager.
- If you suddenly came into a million dollar inheritance, what would you
do with it?
- Invest most of it, travel.
- What type of boys are you most attracted to?
- I like them to be gentle, charming, and considerate, with a smile that
lights up their entire face.
- Ideally, where would you like to live?
- Los Angeles. Why? Good weather throughout the year.
- What was the most difficult problem you ever have had to solve?
- Who to go steady with.
- Do you have a pet fear?
- Have you any pets?
- None that are mine specifically.
- What advice do you give young people who wish to become musicians?
- Oh, I don't think I'm qualified to give advice yet!
- What do you think of music as a career?
- It's an incredible experience. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
- Who are your best friends?
- Paul McCartney, Annie Kent.
- What are your most prized material possessions?
- A diamond and sapphire pendant, and a diamond and pearl ring. They have
great sentimental value.
- What kind of gifts do you like to receive?
- Jewellery and clothes, mostly.
- Are you ever moody?
- I am generally happy and even-tempered.
- Who are your favorite musicians?
- The Beatles, The Beach Boys, Jan and Dean.
- What kind of people do you dislike?
- People who constantly complain, or who never have a kind word for anybody.
- What should a boy do to attract you?
- Be full of surprises.
- What sports do you enjoy watching?
- Cricket and horseracing.
- What sports do you personally do?
- None, unfortunately. No time!
- What sports do you dislike?
- Football (you call it soccer here)— mostly because I was once knocked
unconscious by a stray ball.
- What are your hobbies?
- Cooking, collecting press articles about people I know, dancing.
- What are your favorite foods?
- Seafood, especially crab and lobster.
- What is your secret ambition?
- I don't think I have one.
- What is your pet extravagance?
- Do you have any big regrets?
- What clothes do you like a boy to wear?
- Stylish, I guess. Things that fit his personality.
- What are your favorite colors? Clothes?
- I like pink and blue, basically. As to what to wear, I like casual
items— things one can pull on without incredible amounts of time.
- Do you have a nickname?
- Sandra, Sands.
- What is the best address to write you?
- c/o Capitol Records, 333 Vine Street, Los Angeles, California.